YOU HAPPENED TO ME


5:50 a.m...

I woke up this morning, turned to look at your face; peaceful, rested, far away in dreamland but right here with me, soft snores and some heavy breathing in between, reminding me of our most intensely passionate moments. I pulled the duvet over your chest, admiring every bit of you as I do, snuggling up to your warm embrace, thankful for the gift of you and the love you so generously show me.


 How did we even evolve into this? How did you help me conquer my insecurities? At what point did you help me realize that I could be my own woman , be free to disagree over an issue without being battered, be free to throw tantrums and not worry about losing you in the process, be free to express my naughty fantasies with you without being judged...


How do you even make me smile endlessly and laugh with careless abandon without a tickle from you?

I love how you excite me, excite my mind, challenge me in the best of ways.  I am amazed at how you believe in me even in times & moments when I can hardly believe in myself, how you encourage me to be the best of me possible.



I am astounded at how you love my crazy, my curves, my smiles, my happiness, my flaws, my naughty and still make light what could have made you walk away and break my heart into tiny little pieces.


I am all rolls and balls of amazement at how you show me by example what the love of God and dedication looks like. You see, I have forgotten what it feels like, to stay awake in the middle of night, drenched and soaked in my own tears yet still, crying over a lover who walked away, breaking his promise to love me like I deserved .

.
I am awed by you, by your aura, by the quality of/and the personality of the man that you are. Many said your kind don't exist anymore, but faith and God brought you to me.


And even though this is all just the dream of my heart, I know you are right there, somewhere, hoping, searching, praying for the gift of me. And I here, dreaming, hoping , trusting and praying that we do not miss each other while searching and waiting.
#DearFutureBetterHalf




Comments

  1. You capture it all...you captured it so well. You know what you want and you really know what is available out there. You won't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture it all...you captured it so well. You know what you want and you really know what is available out there. You won't miss it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SEX & THE PHYSICALLY/MENTALLY CHALLENGED

TAKE A BREATHER, WILL YOU?

FASHION TIPS FOR CURVY GIRLS