MUSINGS OF A BURNING HEART

That moment ,when I am tempted to feel that perhaps I was not good enough for you, that I am inadequate, and don't deserve you, that moment when I feel the pressure of the need to prove my worth to you; I pause, sit back and remind myself who I  really am; a jewel waiting to be purchased from the master craftsman, masterpiece of my Sculptor, worth being treasured. I remind myself that I have invaluable substance, and I am a blessing to any one blessed enough with the gift of me, full of beautiful flaws, beautiful, loved you like my life depended on you. I am an asset you just lost. I remind myself that I am capable of receiving and giving the kind of love you read about in fairy tales or watch on telenovelas, the very kind you have secretly yearned, hoped for, in your heart.




Perhaps it isn't me, I was too good for you and you couldn't handle it, maybe you are yet unwilling to learn to accept this magnitude of affection, or could it be that you are not mature enough just yet? Perhaps your heart just didn't connect to mine in the way that we had hoped.



 So, I bear no grudges, life is too short to bear any grudges or hate , my heart though hurting, forgives you freely  for yet another broken dream. One too many now...

And then, like a dog that was wounded by thorns while playing in the bush, I walk away quietly, carefully shutting the door but leaving the key in it for you, carefully nursing the wounds in my heart and praying for  its healing, waiting for my owner to find me, to take me off the shelf and keep in the safe haven of his heart and home, there to be treasured, loved right and kept on the path of destiny and purpose.

And  because my  love is too pure , too loyal, too beautiful , too magic to be treated or held like dirt, I will keep waiting for he who is worthy of it.

#single #men #ladies #love #life

Comments

  1. Like wine,the get better over the years,your newer post are so much richer than the older once....Don't stop posting even if there is no viewing or comments now. Please don't leave this gift of used. You speak from a height not always attained...if you have witnessed Angels worship,there is a place/pedestal where those words the utter flow from. That's what I will liken your recent posts with. You have to continue because no General can fully talk about himself without pointing to a long journey. The journey...the little beginning. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SEX & THE PHYSICALLY/MENTALLY CHALLENGED

TAKE A BREATHER, WILL YOU?

FASHION TIPS FOR CURVY GIRLS