EVEN SOME CHILDHOOD DREAMS DO COME TRUE

Happy New Year everyone!!! I took a long time off the blog, call it an extended Christmas holiday Lol. I sat down today to reminisce on some of my childhood dreams  and fantasies and while some made me laugh out loud, some showed me just how silly a child's mind can be sometimes and some brought that It -came- true smile to my face.
Like I posted on my Facebook page earlier today and got a number of hilarious responses, I remember as a little girl growing up that, every time Michael Jackson 's videos were played on TV, I would watch excitedly and say to myself that when I grew up, I would definitely be a Mrs. Michael Jackson. He was my absolute childhood idol.
Michael Jackson
                                         It graduated to the dreams and fantasies of being a Mrs. Kenneth Babyface Edmonds and having him sing  all those amazing love songs to me for the rest of my life.

Kenneth Babyface Edmonds

As laughable and as silly as these may sound, there were other dreams I had that bring that my-dream-came- true smile to my face in present times. Then,  I would use my pen as a microphone and arrange my younger sisters as my back-up singers and we would sing everything from rhymes taught in school, to church choruses, to all the songs we heard on TV (we probably didn't even get the lyrics right) and today a couple of decades later, I am actually a recording artiste although not with my sisters as my backup singers most times. (Laughs)

Well, I had to write this whole story about my childhood because I am trying to get you to remember some of those great dreams you nursed as a child or as a teenager which are yet to become reality and urge you to get working on them because it is not late.

And if you read my posts here on my blog regularly, you will know that I am a firm believer that anything and everything is very possible and dreams do actually come true especially if we consciously make efforts and are dedicated to making them reality.

Have a wonderful month of February everyone and get working to make those great dreams of yours come true. Remember to thank me later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEX & THE PHYSICALLY/MENTALLY CHALLENGED

TAKE A BREATHER, WILL YOU?

FASHION TIPS FOR CURVY GIRLS