Popular posts from this blog
MUSINGS OF A BURNING HEART
That moment ,when I am tempted to feel that perhaps I was not good enough for you, that I am inadequate, and don't deserve you, that moment when I feel the pressure of the need to prove my worth to you; I pause, sit back and remind myself who I really am; a jewel waiting to be purchased from the master craftsman, masterpiece of my Sculptor, worth being treasured. I remind myself that I have invaluable substance, and I am a blessing to any one blessed enough with the gift of me, full of beautiful flaws, beautiful, loved you like my life depended on you. I am an asset you just lost. I remind myself that I am capable of receiving and giving the kind of love you read about in fairy tales or watch on telenovelas, the very kind you have secretly yearned, hoped for, in your heart. Perhaps it isn't me, I was too good for you and you couldn't handle it, maybe you are yet unwilling to learn to accept this magnitude of affection, or could it be that you are not mature enough...
SILENT CRIES OF THE HEART
How my heart beats at the thought of you... I awake again to another day, I turned to look on the other side of the bed and you are not there and then I remembered, it was was all just a beautiful dream. But, how can I make you see me, how can I make you see the intensity of what I feel for you, how can you not see that I am willing to walk away from everything else just to be able to watch the sun rise and set with you, how can you not want this passion, this love, this longing that is right in your face? I try to be the good girl my African society and culture expects me to be; seeing you, being with you, thinking about you and yet pretending to be in denial of that which fills me and ignites a fire that only you can put out. Every time my phone beeps, I rush to it, silently wishing in my heart that it would be you, texting or calling just to let me hear the sound of your voice. I am even worried that you may have become my primary obsession. My friend...

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S LETTER TO HIS SON'S TEACHER
ReplyDeleteHe will have to learn, I know,
that all men are not just,
all men are not true.
But teach him also that
for every scoundrel there is a hero;
that for every selfish Politician,
there is a dedicated leader...
Teach him for every enemy there is a
friend,
Steer him away from envy,
if you can,
teach him the secret of
quiet laughter.
Let him learn early that
the bullies are the easiest to lick... Teach him, if you can,
the wonder of books...
But also give him quiet time
to ponder the eternal mystery of birds in the sky,
bees in the sun,
and the flowers on a green hillside.
In the school teach him
it is far honourable to fail
than to cheat...
Teach him to have faith
in his own ideas,
even if everyone tells him
they are wrong...
Teach him to be gentle
with gentle people,
and tough with the tough.
Try to give my son
the strength not to follow the crowd
when everyone is getting on the band wagon...
Teach him to listen to all men...
but teach him also to filter
all he hears on a screen of truth,
and take only the good
that comes through.
Teach him if you can,
how to laugh when he is sad...
Teach him there is no shame in tears,
Teach him to scoff at cynics
and to beware of too much sweetness...
Teach him to sell his brawn
and brain to the highest bidders
but never to put a price-tag
on his heart and soul.
Teach him to close his ears
to a howling mob
and to stand and fight
if he thinks he's right.
Treat him gently,
but do not cuddle him,
because only the test
of fire makes fine steel.
Let him have the courage
to be impatient...
let him have the patience to be brave.
Teach him always
to have sublime faith in himself,
because then he will have
sublime faith in mankind.
This is a big order,
but see what you can do...
He is such a fine fellow,
my son!